Did someone hurt you physically? Did a colleague spread lies about you? Even if they are your significant other (SO), long-time co-worker, or close relative, there is absolutely no excuse for violence. You should get the justice that you deserve. That is why you should tap the service of a personal injury lawyer.
What is a personal injury, anyway? And does your situation or your loved one’s demise qualify as one? In this post, we’ll discuss the basics of personal injury.
What is a personal injury?
When you hear the words personal injury, you might immediately picture broken bones and casts. In reality, personal injury doesn’t just involve those common dilemmas. Personal injury can range from electrocution to slander to dog bites.
What is a personal injury lawyer?
This type of lawyer practices in the Tort Law, which deals with violations where the defendant is liable for the victim’s loss or demise. A personal injury lawyer can provide legal assistance to anyone who has been harmed physically or psychologically. He or she can help you get compensation. They can also represent you in court, if you can’t settle an agreement with the defendant.
When is a Duluth personal injury lawyer necessary?
Not all shattered bones classify for a personal injury case. Take note: if a person hurts you intentionally or harms you out of negligence, you can sue them for personal injury. To get a clearer picture, here are some types of violations that qualify as personal injury:
- Medical malpractice
- Falls and slips on the workplace
- Assault, battery and other intentional torts
- Household pet bites (Dog bites, commonly)
- Character defamation such as libel and slander
- Car accidents, in which you require a Duluth car accident lawyer
What to do if someone physically harmed you
If you got caught in an accident or a fistfight, the first thing to do is to seek medical attention immediately. Although a police officer can help diffuse an awry situation, you should put your safety above all else. Call the ambulance or drive to the nearest clinic if you can.
While you’re seeking help, if you still have the energy, take a picture or record your injury. These photos or clips will serve as evidence later on, should you decide to sue the person or the people who hurt you.
How to choose the right personal injury lawyer
- Check their experience in the field. A skilled attorney can provide you with an attractive portfolio. With their practical knowledge and insight in winning cases, you’ll be confident in winning a case. You will get the compensation you deserve.
- Inspect the variety of the cases they won. You’ll do better with a Duluth car accident attorney in a vehicular accident case. Nevertheless, you should still check the variety in their portfolio. It would help if they’ve also dealt with medical injuries, wrongful deaths, and even verdicts against insurance company.
- Trust in their previous clients’ words. You can identify the genuinely happy clients through the level of gratitude in their reviews. Skilled lawyers solve their clients’ problems by giving them what they deserve. Therefore, if their clients are clearly thankful, that’s already a good sign that they can truly deliver.
Are you looking for a skilled personal injury attorney?
Get the justice you deserve right now. Contact Charles Scholle of Scholle Law.
Know more about his highly revered assistance by visiting his website, schollelaw.com/, or by dropping by his main office in Duluth.